Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ch. 48, in which Judge Roberts finally breaks down and reveals himself

Well. Under intense questioning from Chuck Schumer, we finally learn something important about the future Chief Justice.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) summed up Democrats' frustration with Roberts' answers, which often describe what cases have said but often do not reveal what Roberts thinks of the reasoning behind them.

"It's as if I asked you what kind of movies you like: 'Tell me two or three good movies,' and you say, 'I like movies with good acting, I like movies with good directing, I like movies with good cinematography,'" Schumer said.

"Then I ask you if you like 'Casablanca,' and you respond by saying, 'Lots of people like "Casablanca."' You tell me it's widely settled that 'Casablanca' is one of the great movies."

After laughter stopped, Roberts responded, " 'Dr. Zhivago' and 'North by Northwest.'"

Dr. Zhivago, eh? Can you think of any manly men who count Dr. Zhivago as their favorite movie?

Just askin'.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I found your site late at night...I like it. I wish I had more time with my site that deals with anorexia pictures Again, cool site.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Good job on your site. I like to see all the different blogs people come up with. My anorexia site is kind of different and it deals with anorexia tips and stuff like that. again, good job on your site!

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anorexia? Is this what you were complaining about a few days ago: nonsequitor comments?
Regarding Zhivago, I've got a one word answer: JulieChristie -- fantastic.

yours truly,
TJK

11:29 PM  
Blogger John said...

Yes, anorexia pictures aren't really the Vega's bag. And yes, yes, Julie Christie was yummy (still is, in fact), but sheesh...and when you combine his love for romance on the steppes with his equal attraction to Cary Grant, I just think it's curious, that's all.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter