Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A lament

Dear Reader, apologies for the lightness of posts, not to mention the dull blade of my snark, the circumambulatoriness of my prose. Jeez, last night I couldn't manage to "live blog" the ball game past the second inning (truth is, by that time I was dru...er...giddy watching the Devil Rays and Yankee players actually performing in their own uniforms for a change instead of changing into the other team's as has so often been the case when the two teams have played each other this year).

It seems that my soul-destroying job is forcing me to attend to my soul-destroying duties lately. Add to that the loss of my outrage-y senses due to the Bush administration's having rubbed them raw to the point of numbness, and the sense that Roberts ascension to Chief Justice is inevitable and terrible, and I feel as helpless and as enervated as Boy George must feel when he spots Babs careering towards him across the Kennebunkport compound with a drink in her hand and that look in her eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter