Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The 548th reminder that I am getting old

From the New York Times ad critic, Stuart Elliot, weekly Q&A:

A Reader Asks: I have watched a number of Cadillac commercials and always recognize the strains of one particular song at the end, or sometimes in the middle. I'm trying to locate the song for my marketing class at Notre Dame, as I think of Cadillac every time I hear the song. What is it?

Stuart Elliott: The song is "Rock and Roll" by the band Led Zeppelin, which has been used in commercials for the Cadillac division of General Motors since 2002, when it brought out the new CTS sedan. That marked the first time Led Zeppelin had authorized the use of its music for advertising purposes.

Ah, that old timey music marketers use to appeal to the ol' folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter