Saturday, March 19, 2005

Sometimes an old Jewish man is just an old Jewish man

Also in tomorrow Times Magazine, Deborah Solomon conducts an hilarious interview with Jim Guckert/Jeff Gannon. I can't find a link to it this morning, but look for it tomorrow, as it doesn't disappoint, sparkling with the well-known wit and effervescent repartee we have come to expect from the Uncut One.

Scott McClellan, the press secretary to President Bush, called on you and allowed you to ask questions on a nearly daily basis. What, exactly, is your relationship with him?

I was just another guy in the press room. Did I try to curry favor with him? Sure. When he got married, I left a wedding card for him in the press office. People are saying this proves there is some link. But as Einstein said, "Sometimes a wedding card is just a wedding card."

You mean like "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"? That wasn't Einstein. That was Freud.

Oh, Freud. O.K. I got my old Jewish men confused.

You should learn the difference between them if you want to work in journalism.

I'd like to get back into journalism. I'm hoping someone will offer me a job as a commentator or one of those political analysts that you see on the news shows all the time.

I have no doubt we will be seeing just that; national embarrassments who refuse to go away always seem to end up "on the news shows all the time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter