Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Dick Cheney invades The Yankee Stadium

I was feeling a bit sheepish that I would hear myself turning down a last-minute invitation to see the latest installment of Armageddon at The Yankee Stadium tonight. Getting old, I thought; too daunted by trying to make a rush into the Bronx to see the game in the midst of the craziness that always attends a Red Sox/Yankees serious -- this is something I would not normally think twice about.

But watching the game on TV this evening, the announcers are saying Dick Cheney (a man with whom I'd rather not share the same room) is in attendance. And yes, there he is befouling the Yankee clubhouse before the game. How'd I know? Glad to be sitting out on the deck watching the game through a well-placed window, far away from the paramilitary that goes where the vice-emperor goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter