Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Bon mots, revisited

"We had a very effective program with respect to counterterrorism before September 11, given the resources, in my view, and given the authorities that we had.''
--Former F.B.I. director Louis Freeh, in testimony before the 9/11 commission

"I am satisfied that I never saw any intelligence that indicated there was going to be an attack on America -- at a time and a place, an attack ... [if the FBI or CIA] found something, they would have reported it to me."
--President George W. Bush, in comments to reporters recently.

[emphasis added]

Hmmm. With nearly 3,000 people dead in lower Manhattan three years ago, I suggest that neither was "very effective" or "satisfactory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter