Friday, February 27, 2009

MannybeingManny

This sounds entirely plausible.

• Manny Ramirez rejected what seemed like a fair offer from the Dodgers on Thursday. Yesterday I wrote a story about Joe DiMaggio's 1938 holdout. One thing I came across, but didn't use in the story, was one of the top Yankees, either owner Jacob Ruppert or general manager Ed Barrow, saying of DiMaggio (I paraphrase), "His demands are just so ridiculous that we don't really believe he's holding out, we think he's just trying to get out of spring training." That seemed silly when I read it, especially because the Yankees and the Clipper were only $5,000 apart -- for whatever reason, the team had decided it wasn't going to compromise with DiMaggio no matter what, so they were trying to cast the blame on him. With Ramirez, though, I can almost believe it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter