Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Activist judges

I realize Terry McAuliffe was probably a bit in shock when he came to realize that he'd mistakenly ventured into Father Xavier's Inquisition Inn, but how this didn't elicit a "huh," I don't know.

HH: You’re an Irish Catholic kid from Syracuse, from St. Anne’s school, right?

TM: Yes.

HH: Now did you do eight years or twelve years of Catholic education?

TM: I did eight years at St. Anne’s grammar school, I did four years of Bishop Ludden High School, I did four years at the Catholic University of America, and three years at Georgetown University Law Center.

HH: Can you name your K-8 teachers?

TM: Yeah.

HH: Give them to me.

TM: Sister Agnes Teresa, Sister Mary Helen, Sister Thomas, Miss Boway, Mrs. Anderson, Sister Esther Thomas, and Sister Margaret Madden…how many is that?

HH: That’s pretty close. So they were lousy teachers?

TM: No, they were great teachers. I was the one that was causing all the trouble, Hugh.

HH: But I mean, you often cite Catholic doctrine in this book, and yet you support late term abortions, and judges who impose them on people. How…did you miss those classes?


I was unaware that judges were imposing late term abortions on "people." I wonder in what state that's being offered as a sentencing guideline. But, of course, Hugh "Danger Man" Hewitt, who doesn't challenge McAuliffe's assertion later in the interview that he's a "rightwing whacko," thinks he lives in Nazi Germany, so I guess it's understandable that he'd have that misperception.

Further, I attended twelve long years of Catholic school and I don't remember a single course on "late term abortion and the Trinity." Probably lousy teachers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter