Thursday, May 25, 2006

Walk quickly past this Corner

Roy Edroso examines the usual bunch hanging out on The Corner and suggests that a large net might be in order.

The crown goes to K-Lo, though, with this (warning: if you are not aware of current trends in conservative arts criticism, this may blow your mind):

I haven't seen [Oliver Stone's] World Trade Center... I had at least one problem with the trailer... Nicolas Cage has a moustache, for instance, in the movie, to establish "working-class bona fides." But John McLoughlin, the Port Authority police sergeant who Nicolas Page plays in the movie actually has a moustache. So it doesn't strike me as too odd...

I can't believe I'm defending an Oliver Stone trailer...


And I can't believe these people are walking around loose.


I have to ask, though, are they really allowed out? From their perspectives on "the dominant culture," I often have the feeling they've been in the bug house since 1966.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter