Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The baseball gods are not to be trifled with

Earlier this month I warned em.

And this afternoon they have the roof closed on Enron...er, Minute Maid Park, despite a beautiful afternoon apparently in Houston. Management wanted more noise from the fans bouncing back down to the field instead of rising to the heavens (and, I might add, to the baseball gods). That really bothers me. This isn't football.

The gods remember these things. The 'stros are paying for their transgressions. And who can watch this World Series? Endless games. Eight walks in four innings and they can't score a run? At home? Yeeps. Oswalt was their last best chance. Put a fork in 'em.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout those two outstanding plays by Uribe to finish the sweep by the Sox.
... my kind of town
Chicago is.

1:15 AM  
Blogger John said...

I ask you, how could a 1-0 game last 3:20? I hate Fax. The game didn't even begin until 8:35 in the East. So, how 'bout them plays? No idea. I was in slumberland by then.

12:31 PM  
Blogger John said...

Fox, I meant. Not "Fax."

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter