Thursday, June 30, 2005

Scientology on parade

I agree. If Tom Cruise is permitted to go from talk show to talk show speaking of the joys of dianetics, then reporters have a responsibility to question a little more of the origin of his "faith."

As it is, it's treated as some sort of cute eccentricity, on a par with him using a girl young enough to be his daughter as his latest beard.

I will say this, though. I thought we might catch the matinee of "War of the Worlds" yesterday, but Madame Cura nixed that idea. "I will not see a movie with Tom Cruise," when I asked why. So, why reporters may be too lazy or too afraid to get dropped from the "junkets" list, American women are getting the picture that this guy is a screwed up misogynist who has the gall to attack Brooke Shields for her efforts to shed light on post-partum depression.

Stupid career choices, Tom. L. Ron Hubbard would not be pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter