Wednesday, January 12, 2005

"With God on our side"

Bush opens up and tells the Moonie Times what he really thinks:

"I fully understand that the job of the president is and must always be protecting the great right of people to worship or not worship as they see fit," Mr. Bush said. "That's what distinguishes us from the Taliban. The greatest freedom we have or one of the greatest freedoms is the right to worship the way you see fit.

"On the other hand, I don't see how you can be president at least from my perspective, how you can be president, without a relationship with the Lord," he said.

As Daniel Froomkin points out, by saying "On the other hand," Bush is indicating that he sees a conflict between the role of the president to protect the right to "not worship" and the qualifications required to be president. No wonder Bush finds his job "really hard." To have to square your constitutional requirements with your own personal constitution every day...jeesh, he must go through a lot of Mylanta.

Oh, and you non-believers out there, please line up for camp registrion here.

"I think people attack me because they are fearful that I will then say that you're not equally as patriotic if you're not a religious person," Mr. Bush said. "I've never said that. I've never acted like that. I think that's just the way it is.

I'm sure the Rev. Moon couldn't agree with him more. To be a good patriot, you must believe in the Messiah!

Oh my name it is nothin'
My age it means less
The country I come from
Is called the Midwest
I's taught and brought up there
The laws to abide
And that land that I live in
Has God on its side
.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter