Monday, December 06, 2004

"A penetrating magic"

Darkness at the break of noon
Shadows even the silver spoon
The handmade blade, the child's balloon
Eclipses both the sun and moon
To understand you know too soon
There is no sense in trying.

Dylan on CBS' 60 Minutes:

"Try to sit down and write something like that. There's a magic to that, and it's not Siegfried and Roy kind of magic, you know? It's a different kind of a penetrating magic. And, you know, I did it. I did it at one time."

Does he think he can do it again today? No, says Dylan. "You can't do something forever," he says. "I did it once, and I can do other things now. But, I can't do that."

One question Ed Bradley did not ask of Dylan: Who makes his clothes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter