Thursday, November 18, 2004

Transperency, transchmerency

I have been strugging for days to understand why a provision of the 9-11 reform bill would allow senior-level officials to hide any personal assets valued at more than $2.5 million. I mean, on the face of it, this seems like an attempt to hide sweetheart deals like Dick Cheney's, though, as we all understand, it pains Dick to no end to know that he continues to receive deferred compensation from Halliburton even as that conglomerate is the only choice to rebuild Iraq into the free and thriving democracy it will surely be two months from now.

But I digress. Knowing our esteemed Congressmen as I do, I was troubled that the reasoning behind the provision wasn't made more clear to poor rubes such as myself.

Fortunately, the Medium Lobster has returned from his vast and impenetrable reveries on the mysteries of the universe to explain the situation in clear terms to we unenlightened ones.

I will not quote his wise words, go there, now dear readers, to understand how our Republican-owned and operated government has "got your back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter