Sunday, October 17, 2004

Sox in six


sox in six
Originally uploaded by vegacura.
Oh, Red Sox fans.

Going into the series, despite the Yankees winning over 100 games, the division, and home field advantage, the Red Sox were 8-5 favorites. So much for the oddsmakers.

Batters 2 through 5 for the Yankees are 16 for 22 in the series so far; they are treating these games like they're barnstorming exhibitions. If you'd told me yesterday afternoon that Brown wasn't going to make it past the second inning and that Vazquez would give up four runs in four innings in relief, I would have resigned myself to the series going 2-1. If you'd told me before the series that Jeter was going to be largely non-existent, even making an error in game 3, I would have resigned myself to Boston leading the series 2-1 at this point.

Clearly, I was prescient last night. The Cowsills were a really bad mistake, as was Manny trying to stretch it to third with two outs and Sheffield coming up throwing in right field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter