Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Gird your freakin' loins, already

Over the weekend, I was paying a visit to my favorite beverage spirits distributor, when I was stopped in the parking lot by a fellow shopper. She pointed to the Kerry/Edwards bumperstickers on my car and the one next to it, and said, dejectedly, "I think we're going to lose." I gave her a big smile and replied, "Have faith, it's a long way until November 2." She said, "You think so?" I said, "Yeah, don't worry."

Indeed. It is time for Democrats, liberals, people of common sense everywhere to stop worrying and learn to love Kerry. He's up against the most vicious attack machine we've seen since Lee Atwater's death bed conversion and Kerry is holding his own. The debates are key. Voter registration drives are vital. And the get out the vote efforts are absolutely critical.

Digby, via Atrios, has something to say about all of this, and it's a useful reminder.

Meanwhile, you know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter