Sunday, March 14, 2004

Congress on Steroids

As regular reader(s) know, I'm kinda ambivalent on the baseball/steroids issue. But when it actually falls into my wheelhouse, an actual convergence of baseball and politics, I get pretty juiced myself, if you'll pardon the pun.

And when I listen to the pontifications of Senators on the issue, I find myself taking sides -- the side of Donald Fehr and the Players Union.

"This is a values issue" sayeth Sen. Joseph Biden [D. Delaware]

As Biden and McCain bipartisanly bloviate and threaten to personally hold the plastic cup, it's good to remember that there is a fourth amendment, as Fehr rightly pointed out to the luminaries.

Alex Belth and his cronies discuss.

What a week in Washington. Brave stances on steroids and decency.

Congress in action. What other hallowed assemblage can make Gary Sheffield and Howard Stern look like freedom fighters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter