Monday, June 02, 2003

''It seems kind of like a dream,'' said the 27-year-old Hillenbrand, an offseason resident of Mesa, Ariz., traded to the Diamondbacks Thursday for pitcher Byung Hyun Kim. ''It's almost like the feeling I had when I made the All-Star team last year, the adrenaline, everything.

''I haven't been able to sleep. My mind's been going everywhere. How are the guys? How is it going to be playing in a nice ballpark? How is it going to be to park my car in a parking lot? How is it going to be to go to a clubhouse and just play baseball without all the outside distractions and playing in a market like Boston?''

Ouch.

The smart guys in baseball (including, obviously, Bill James) are sure that the trade for Kim is the Bagwell trade in reverse. But I don't know. I have fond memories of the guy as the closer for the D'backs in 2001. Maybe the guy is just the relief the Red Sox need, but like so many on his new team, isn't he just a wee bit haunted by Yankee Stadium?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter