Wednesday, May 21, 2003

For a brief moment, I thought Christie Whitman had found her soul. But I think she may actually be telling the truth when she says she wants to spend more time with the family. Given Bush's love of Reagan administration retreads, is Earl ("the pearl") Butz available? Plays to Bush's base, as they say. "They" being Karl Rove.

Speaking of baseball, I never liked Manny Ramirez, and last night's stare down of hapless Jeff Weaver -- after Weaver accidentally plunked him -- only affirmed my dislike. But then I read this. Manny does yoga? "Ramirez's Boston teammates marvel at his ability to set up pitchers and recall situations against them. And if you want an example of how happy he is this season and how dedicated, go to the Sports Club/LA some morning when the Sox are in town and check out Manny and his wife in the yoga class. No kidding. Manny does yoga, has lunch, goes to Fenway, wanders out to the cage in center field and hits." I'll have to rethink the way I feel about Washington Heights' favorite son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter