Friday, April 09, 2010

The right answer

This probably won't persuade the media to stop waiting on Sarah Palin's every tweet, but, still, it's good to hear.

STEPHANOPOULOS:I want to get to some of those broader issues [of nuclear proliferation]. Because you're also facing criticism on that. Sarah Palin, taking aim at your decision to restrict the use of nuclear weapons. Your pledge not to strike nations, non-nuclear nations, who abide by the nonproliferation treaty. Here's what she said. She said, "It's unbelievable, no other administration would do it." And then she likened it to kids on the playground. She said you're like a kid who says, "Punch me in the face, and I'm not going to retaliate." Your response?

OBAMA: I really have no response. Because last I checked, Sarah Palin's not much of an expert on nuclear issues.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But the string of criticism has been out there among other Republicans as well. They think you're restricting use of nuclear weapons too much.

OBAMA: And what I would say to them is that if the secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff are comfortable with it, I'm probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin.

STEPHANOPOULOS: But not concerned about her criticisms?

OBAMA: No.

The fact that she and Newt Gingrich are the GOP's standard-bearers right now (with honorable mention to the equally unpopular Cheneys, Dick and Liz), and that the media can't get enough of them, makes me both hopeful and depressed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter