Monday, July 20, 2009

"And that's the way it is"

I expected much wingnutosphere animosity towards the late Walter Cronkite due to his liberal bent, but I hadn't expected to be regaled with the odd notion that his product during CBS News' hay day was inferior to blogs.

Not much less thoughtless but offensive nonetheless are John Podhoretz and Say Anything, who suggest that Cronkite could learn a thing or two from bloggers, of all people. "There are no Walter Cronkites any more, and while I bear personal animosity to Cronkite himself, good riddance to that era," says the latter (I assume no slip). "But to have a big, giant, sloppy mish-mash of information available for the public to pick through than a carefully managed stream of news being spoon-fed to us by talking heads on television who became so trusted nobody dared question them."


I stand behind the theory I suggested last week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter