Thursday, May 14, 2009

Too high a dudgeon

I'm with Josh on this: if releasing the abu Ghraib photos will put our troops in danger, then that seems further proof that torturing prisoners isn't a very effective tool. And I'm glad to hear that Sen. Huckleberry has at last admitted that we used methods adopted from the Spanish Inquisition.

But I think that calling David Ignatius "a monster" because he approves of the president's decision to withhold the photos on the advice of the military -- even if I think that advice is bullshit -- is taking the OUTRAGE a bit far.

I would, though, call Ignatius' "Sister Soulja" analogy pretty fucking stupid.

This has been another episode of This Day in American Torture Policy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter