Monday, February 09, 2009

"Everything that's wrong,...yada, yada, yada"

I don't know if Jayson Stark suggests the headlines for his columns,

A-Rod has destroyed game's history



...but, please.

More sensible thoughts on this "shocking" development, here and here.

I will admit to feeling some disappointment when I heard the news. But just as I didn't come to hate Santa Claus when I learned he wasn't real, I don't get angry with Rodriguez upon learning he may not be who we hoped he was, either.

But the sport, as a unique paragon of American culture, is devastated. And that's forever.

"A unique paragon of American culture."

I can think of a few people who would disagree with that designation.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter