Friday, October 24, 2008

Joe the effing Plumber

I still think "Joe the Plumber" was a GOP ratfuck in the grand tradition of Nixonian ratfucking. But that said, what's gotten lost in McCain's "gotcha" moment during the debate was Obama's answer to GOP Joe.

Shame to say, I hadn’t heard Obama’s reply to this guy in full, because I was already so tired of Joe the Plumber thirty minutes into the third debate that I just couldn’t bring myself to watch this clip. But Holy. Mother. Of. Moloch. This is the comprehensive, honest, and respectful answer that Mr. Plumber then turned around and characterized as a “tap dance”? Yeah, sure, everybody jumped all over the “Sammy Davis Jr.” part. But it’s also worth noting the “I didn’t understand a single word he was saying to me” part, because that’s what really matters to most Republicans.
Obama's answer is so detailed and long that the YouTube filmmaker had to make cuts in it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter