Monday, September 15, 2008

Richard Wright

I'm here late at night, not 500 meters from the Mediterranean Sea, learning that Richard Wright has died. There's nothing I can say about that, except that the most inventive band was the sum of its parts and there's no mistaking his voice and his playing. There was no band without Syd, of course. There was no intellectual underpinning without Roger Waters. There was no passion without Syd's friend, David Gilmour, there was no beating heart without Nick Mason, and there was no beauty without Richard Wright.













I'm tired. I have no idea if this compilation makes any sense. Richard Wright's sound was important to me.

I've cried for Duane. I've cried for Berry. I've cried for Jerry. I've cried for Syd. I cry for Richard Wright tonight.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it made sense...

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter