Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Zepp

I saw Plant and Page ten years or so, so I knew they still had great chops, but sounds like they put on a fantastic show.

The excitement in the hall felt extreme, and genuine; the crowd roars between encores were ravenous. At the end of it all, as the three original members took a bow, Mr. Bonham knelt before them and genuflected.


In 1980, I was at a show at the Greek Theater in Berkeley, CA (Santana, I think, with Al Di Meola...remember him?), when Bill Graham turned the usual boos he was met with into cheers as he announced a new Zeppelin tour set for the following spring. John Bonham died shortly after. I hope, with John's son behind the drum kit, another tour is in the offing. Though, and I'm just guessing here, the only thing worse than a Neil Young fan at a concert is a Zeppelin fan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter