Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bob Dylan and His Band, New York City Center, 11.20.06

Last night marked the last show of Dylan's 2006 tour, neverending though it is. It was a fitting venue (I'm getting finicky about that, no Nassau Coliseums for me anymore), one of the most beautiful old theaters in New York City. Not a bad seat in the house nor an acoustical dead spot. Madame Cura and I were in the top "Gallery," but felt like if we leaned over too far we'd fall on top of him.

Dylan and his band put on a swinging show to close out the year. He sang "It's alright, Ma" like he wrote it the night before last. Spine. Chills. And he looked like he was having fun. I hope I look that good in Cowboy Suit Sequins when I'm 60-whatever.

Enjoy the winter in Minnesota or Hawaii or whatever Indian-named state you choose, Bob Dylan. Hope to see you again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter