Thursday, August 17, 2006

London bomb plot -- not so much?

Andrew Sullivan has been driven to shrill, unholy madness by the suspicious timing of the arrest of the London "bomb makers."

I'd be interested in the number of plotters who had passports. How could they even stage a dummy-run with no passports? And what bomb-making materials did they actually have? These seem like legitimate questions to me; the British authorities have produced no evidence so far. If the only evidence they have was from torturing someone in Pakistan, then they have nothing that can stand up in anything like a court. I wonder if this story is going to get more interesting. I wonder if Lieberman's defeat, the resilience of Hezbollah in Lebanon, and the emergence of a Hezbollah-style government in Iraq had any bearing on the decision by Bush and Blair to pre-empt the British police and order this alleged plot disabled. I wish I didn't find these questions popping into my head. But the alternative is to trust the Bush administration.

Been there. Done that. Learned my lesson.

Wow. Buy that boy a tin hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter