Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Liberal McCarthy in a t-shirt

Lanny Davis is so, so right. The atmosphere in Connecticut is poisoned with hate and vitriol. I mean this morning, as I parked the car at the polling station, I noticed a relatively young, burly fellow wearing an intimidating Ned Lamont t-shirt over his buttoned down dress shirt. I looked around, searching for the entrance to the high school gym where I vote, frantically hoping for an alternative egress by which I could steer clear of this threatening presence. But, alas, there was only one way in...I would have to come within spitting distance; spit I knew would come my way if he thought I was a Lieberman supporter.

I approached, nervously. He turned towards me. I flinched. He said (sneeringly, I think, despite the big smile on his face...too early for such a smile...I'm suspicious), "Good morning!"

What, I thought, no "Dean scream?"

I breathed a sigh of relief. I'd avoided -- if only just this once -- the potential wrath of the blogofascist blogosphere.

Link via Publius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter