Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bowl-mania!

The Vega doesn't do college football; in fact, other than "Bowl Week" ("Bowl Month" is more like it), the entire NY metropolitan area pays no attention to college football. But, still, it's annoying that we on the east coast have to read about these great games because, well, some of us have jobs. And, shoot, I'll shoot meth directly into my eyeballs to stay up until 4AM to watch a Yankees game in Anaheim in October, but not so much...even for the "game of the century."

But, I gotta say, the Rose Bowl kinda likely blew the experiment I was thinking of. Until last night, Reggie Bush was a lock to be the first pick in the NFL; now, maybe not (though 300 yards combined rushing is nothing to snort at). But I thought that was crazy even before Vince Young ruined the Trojan's last ride. I mean, when did a running back ever turn around a franchise, especially one as woebegotten as the Houston Texans (is that pronouned "Howston?")? Purely from casual appearances, isn't it more like that a QB can put a team on his back than it is an RB? I don't recall OJ's teams winning any Superbowls. Ditto Marcus Allen. I was looking forward to tracking the future results of Bush versus the quarterbacks in the draft. Can still do it, but I won't get to say, "I told you so," as I would if Bush were to be picked first and run 200 yards a game for a team finishing last, year after year.

One and only college football post of the year is finis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter