Thursday, September 23, 2004

What's new at Barnes & Noble?

Interesting trip to 5th Ave. mid-town B&N to pick up John Judis's "The Folly of Empire" (more later).

At the information desk, the person in front of me asked, "When does 'The O'Reilly Factor for Kids' come out?" She was told next Tuesday. "'The O'Reilly Factor for Kids?'" I asked, incredulously. The information guy just rolled his eyes (and readers who bought the book, also bought books for Ann Coulter and Dan Brown).

Head still spinning from that one, I nearly knocked over the entire table of "Red Sox vs. Yankees Chess" sets. I think I spotted a version with Mets uniforms, too, but I don't know who their opponents would be. Perhaps the Expos. I almost bought a set just to learn who the Queen is for each team, and if that would give us any interesting sociological information.

Finally, after purchasing the book I headed out to 48th St., where the line was forming to get Bill Buckley's autograph on his new "Literary Autobiography", entitled, "Nearer to God than You," or something like that. I'd say there was a throng of about six adoring fans in the queue. Not exactly Clintonesque, which I'm sure would please Bill B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter