Friday, April 30, 2004

Our "Big Tent" president

That's our boy, churlish and childish at the same time. I guess Patrick Swayze in drag...er...Karen Hughes is definitely back writing the Sound Bite of the Day for the Preznit.

"There's a lot of people in the world who don't believe that people whose skin color may not be the same as ours can be free and self-govern. I reject that. I reject that strongly. I believe that people who practice the Muslim faith can self-govern. I believe that people whose skins aren't necessarily -- are a different color than white can self-govern."

Josh Marshall comments on the several layers of weirdness inherent in Bush's statement. "Our" skin color. Meaning...? Oh, I forgot, we live in a country where white people are free to support President Bush's compassionate agenda.

Apparently, though, Bush's high-mindedness didn't get in his way of wanting to decide which elected political leaders should govern Venezuala and Haiti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Site Meter